|Bonneville County Courthouse.|
However, nearly seven years passed before residents were willing to fund a new structure. After a survey of courthouses in other towns, the commissioners approved a set of architectural drawings and construction began late in the year.
Officials opened the new courthouse in March of 1921. The spring weather cooperated and thousands of locals showed up to hear speeches and tour the new building. Over the years, the structure grew overcrowded so an annex was added on the south side.
Further expansion in official business led to construction of the City-County Law Enforcement Building, completed in 1978. The following year, the old Courthouse was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
|“Bonneville County Courthouse,” National Register of Historic Places, National Park Service.|
|Mary Jane Fritzen, Idaho Falls, City of Destiny, Bonneville County Historical Society (1991).|
|“Golden Jubilee Edition, 1884–1934,” Idaho Falls Post-Register (September 10, 1934).|