Sunday, December 2, 2018

American Sherlock Book

An interesting “near-coincidence” happened with regard to today’s blog topic … criminologist Luke S. May. Two days ago, on Friday, I transmitted the manuscript of my American Sherlock biography of Luke May to a publisher. Earlier in the week, I had signed and sent off a book contract with Rowman & Littlefield, one of the largest – if not the largest – independent publishers in this country.

They generally expect to publish both a hardcopy and e-book version. That could get interesting, since I submitted about three dozen photos to go in the book. Last I heard/read, e-books do not do well in the placement of images within the text … but maybe that has improved. We’ll see.

We do not yet have a schedule, but my editor seems eager to expedite the publication process. I’ll be posting updates as I learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment